Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Good Ol' NZ memories

All of these memories will last a lifetime that's for sure.

A crazy part of this tour was that a girl in our program, Sarah, got ENGAGED to a New Zealand boy. They met in our ward, hung out for a month and got to know each other for about a month, went on a first date, and got engaged on the first date! We actually aren't supposed to date when we are here in NZ...it's against the Kennedy Center Study Abroad rules. But who's going to stop love when it happens??? So Sarah and Reese will be getting married in Colorado on June 23rd, and then Sarah will be living here in NZ while Reese goes to medical school for about 6 years. Luckily she was able to skype her parents during the whole process and they will be flying out here to meet their future son-in-law, and his family, this coming week!
The happy couple. Sarah and Reese. NZ lovers :)

Soon to be Sarah Joseph. So precious. 

This shows the girls face painting better for their cultural performances.
They are also doing the pukana faces as they perform.

Our group before bungy jumping!
Wahoo!! That was so fun.


I've tried chop suey. . .it wasn't too bad.

Making cookies on Sunday night with Margo. Margo was always baking
something in the Skeen's kitchen. Look...she let me make my own
dough first without the chocolate chips!

Can you guess which 6 cookies are laid out for me?

Phil is so funny. He always likes to tease me. These were my non-chocolate
chip cookies that I put in a bag to eat later, and look what he wrote on them.

HAHA!!! Oh man he cracks me up. I am going to miss Phil and Nish so much.

After countless times of being told NOT to run alone (by Phil, by Ramona,
by us, and more), Margo decided she could get away with it if she just
snuck out and left us this note. haha oh Margo! We just want you to be
safe, and running alone is not the safest thing in NZ.

Sweet baby Faith.
Group in the hot water spring hot tub at the Brons house!
Returning home from our Rotorua trip to find a YUMMY slug trail all over
my clothes and up to my bed. I was so tired though I didn't even care. I
think I slept with a slug that night as he hid somewhere in my bed :).
Stacey's birthday celebration. We ran into the ocean water screaming at
night. It was cool to be at the beach at night with a bunch of girls.
So fun :).

Hot tub talks at our X-Base hostel. So much fun. 

Group at the Marae.

What a fun Sunday with the Browns.

104 year old woman. CRAZY!!!
Yesterday was my LAST DAY for getting Fresh Fruit Ice Cream. SAD SAD
SAD SAD SAD DAY :( :(.

How they make the delicious ice cream. I will sure miss you.

Farewell yummy goodness in my tummy.

1 comment:

  1. Just such WONDERFUL memories!! I love the baggie of cookies! :) Glad you've had such an amazing time!!!!

    ReplyDelete