Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'll miss the kiwi life

Here's just some random pictures I never got around to putting up in a post. I am going to miss living the kiwi life in NZ. I have loved it so much!
Since the kiwi bird is the national symbol of NZ, you find the word KIWI
EVERYWHERE!!!!!



Even in business titles haha.

My favorite :)

The words to the HAKA. I loved seeing my kids
perform the haka. Here are the words in both Maori
and English.

It is funny how in NZ people will walk around everywhere with no shoes
on. Instead of getting kicked out of a store for having no shoes, they are
more than welcomed in!

Love NZ :)

Paua shells are found in stores everywhere in NZ. This
bag to take home as a souvenir was like $10, and
we got ours for free when we went diving for them
on our camping trip a while back.

New Zealanders write the date as the DAY/month/Year. It always confused
me when I was teaching.

I loved rapping in Mrs. Tararo's class!

Coloring with my students was a real treat!

I think it's funny how the kids wear all of these American
logos and symbols. . .they all LOVE America. I don't
even have an Obama shirt.

Watching my kids play "Samalia", which is kind of like our version of the
game "down by the banks". 

Fitness.

Our school's drinking fountain. Compare that to our
drinking fountains back home. . .

The kids would just lean in and take a drink.

One thing I won't miss is crossing this busy street on the round-a-bout.
I swear, I don't know how we never got hit. It was pretty crazy!

I'm really going to miss the bakeries. They are SOOOOO YUMMY!


The meat pies are definitely one of my favorite things in NZ. I hope I can
make them when I get back home. YUMM :)

Our last bakery feast with Nisha! Yummy doughnuts, hot pies, and more :).

1 comment:

  1. Such great memories!! So excited to hear all about your adventures when you get home. I'm sure your excited to get home but it is soooo hard to say good-bye!! See you soon and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete