Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Goodbyes and New Beginnings

Tuesday was our last day all together as a group! We packed up our stuff, left X-Base, and got ready for our 3 hour drive back to Auckland. We stopped about an hour away from Auckland to see the biggest and oldest tree in NZ. It is 800 years old and is HUGE. After taking a bunch of pictures, we all got in a big circle and gave each other lots of HUGS. It was sad to say goodbye to everyone, especially James (because we will probably never see him again). He even had tears in his eyes as he said goodbye and gave us hugs. 

Once we got back to our home in Auckland, we rushed inside to check our e-mails to see if we got our internships. Brittany found out right away. It was a yes for her and she will be teaching 1st grade in Jordan district. We were all clapping and over joyed for her as she was shaking and almost in tears. Mine was next. I opened up my e-mail and I had gotten one too!!! I am going to be teaching 2nd or 4th grade in Alpine School District. I was freaking out and so excited. Brooke didn't find out until later that night but she got one too for Provo district and doesn't know the grade she will be teaching yet. Margo still hasn't found out, but tonight is for sure the latest she will have to wait to know. We are all crossing our fingers for her. 

It felt good to be back in Auckland, eating dinner with the Skeens, and watching "Once Upon a Time" together on our last couple of days in New Zealand.


Goodbye James and Ramona. I love them so much!

Huge tree!

Cutri family and James :)

Our group. The picture is blurry because James doesn't know how to
hold a camera still haha.

I'll miss James a lot. What an amazing man.

Us around the oldest and biggest tree in NZ. 


Oh Margo :)

It was so sad to leave Kirsten. I love this girl! We will
definitely be hanging out once we get home. 

Caught in the moment of finding out about our internships. Look at our
huge smiles haha. We were so happy and excited and just didn't even
know what to do with ourselves. 

I have an official job....I'm going to have my OWN
class and be a real teacher!!!!

MY DREAM IS COMING TRUE :)
My Internship e-mail: 

Intern at Rocky Mountain

Hi Mandy,

My name is Michelle Stephenson and I am the principal of Rocky Mountain Elementary.   I loved watching your video tape this morning.  We selected you for a position at Rocky Mountain and they gave us you.  Your bio looks great.

You will be either teaching 2nd or 4th grade next year.  I am not certain yet, but I am leaning more towards 4th grade.  So I will keep in contact with you.


Your Intern Coach will be Ilene Strong.  You will really like her.

When will you be back from New Zealand?

You can check out our school on our website:  http://rockymountain.alpineschools.org/

Talk to you soon!
Michelle Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment