Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Swimming with Dolphins

What was the coolest thing in the world???

Swimming with Dolphins in the ocean. 

We thought it was going to be a really bad day because a tropical storm was coming in. This meant that we would have a very SMALL chance of seeing dolphins and even smaller chance for swimming with them. 

But we lucked out. 
We saw dolphins....over 15 of them! 

The water was way rough and the instructors warned us over and over again that if we were not good swimmers, and were not comfortable swimming with snorkeling gear, we should NOT get in the water. I didn't feel comfortable with snorkeling gear, but Brooke convinced me that this was a once in a life time opportunity, and I just had to!!! So we got on our gear as fast as we could, jumped in the crazy ocean water with no life jackets (which I don't really know why, now that I think about it), and swam around as fast as we could to play with the dolphins. 

We were not allowed to touch the dolphins because of the softness of their skin. But we were able to play around them and see them as we swam with them in the ocean. At one point I was looking in the water, trying to find out where the dolphins went, and I saw one RIGHT underneath me. It actually freaked me out because it looked like a shark, but it was cool to see it right under me.

It was quite a work out in the end and we were all breathing REALLY hard. . .but hey, we got to swim with dolphins in the ocean during a storm haha. We're CRAZY!!!

Here we go. Let's hope the weather works out!


Getting on the boat.


". . .the dolphins are completely free and wild. . .we have to go find them. . ."



The sights were beautiful as we were driving around looking for the
dolphins.


There they are!!


It was the coolest thing ever to see them right there in the water!


They kept jumping around :)








Look.....I see a dolphin :)

We saw a pod of 15 dolphins.


Getting ready as fast as we can so that we don't lose the dolphins.

Gear on. Let's go!


They told us to JUMP in and swim for our lives. 


Where are the dolphins?
She kept trying to point them out to us but I couldn't hear her haha.
They were all around us...playing with us!


Back in for a breather so that we could catch back up with the dolphins.

Go again!


There they are :)







This is Molly. She is a dog that always BARKS at the dolphins from
shore. She always tries to catch them, it was funny to see her going crazy!



So much fun!

I've seen and swam with dolphins!!!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment