Monday, January 16, 2012

Catching up. . . with Fresh Fruit Ice Cream

There are a bunch of pictures I still haven't put up yet so I figured I should start catching up. Everything is going great for me here so far. It is still rainy and cold, but is getting a little warmer. And having math (or "maths" as they say in NZ) everyday all day long is actually not too bad because our teacher is AMAZING!

Last week we went to this little ice cream shop on the way home from school. MAN ALIVE was it good. I found my new favorite thing. . .Fresh Fruit Ice Cream. It is amazing! I got strawberry and was in heaven :). 





Ok this is making me want some more right now. We'll have to go back this week!





Mine and Brooke's nightly routine. We try to workout every night together and are usually up pretty late by the time we finish hw and girl chatting :). Brittany and Margo go to bed pretty early so most of the time it is just me and Brooke working out. But we are gunna start doing Nisha's Zumba videos all together, which we tried last and had a blast!!


These are chocolate fish sweets that our Literacy teacher gave us last week
to help us stay awake in class. I did take a bite just for the experience,
didn't like it!, but I tried it :). 

I think I mentioned this before, but Kiwis love marshmallows in their
sweets, so that's what is on the inside of these fishes. It kind of reminded
me of a chewy raspberry hot chocolate. 


There was some SUN so we went out and jumped on the tramp. I love being greeted by the kids everyday we come home from school. It is so cute to hear Siah say, "the gUrls are here" in his accent :). 



I love this picture! Siah and Richi always wanna pull funny faces :)

K I'm really not THAT white I swear. Maybe if the sun would come out
we could go to the beach and work on getting tan lol!!

This is what our "playing" usually entails. Wrestling and having a jolly old time.
(That's my leg they are both pulling at if you couldn't tell.)

:) Siah and Richi love sneaking into our room to play,
even though they know they're not supposed to haha!
They are so stinkin cute, I can't get enough of them!

Too much fun. Gotta love Tickle fights!

4 comments:

  1. So cute, Mandy!! I can tell you're having so much fun with those sweet kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cyndy! I am! They are adorable. I love them :)

      Delete
  2. Ok Mandy that fresh Ice-Cream looks really good...love that you are having fun with your host family. Keep Smiling...love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom that ice cream is amazing. I think we should try making it when I get back home. It pretty much is just frozen fruit and vanilla ice cream. It was delicious :). I love you too

      Delete