Monday, January 9, 2012

If you lived in New Zealand. . .(Part 1)

If you lived in New Zealand. . .
. . .you would SAY. . .

Trolleys instead of. . .
Shopping carts


Give Way instead of. . .
Yield


Toilets instead of. . .
Bathrooms or Restrooms




Tomato Sauce instead of. . . 
Ketchup (and they actually say tomato as "tAmato")




Rubbish instead of. . .





Garbage


Motorway instead of. . .


Freeway

Carpark instead of. . .



 
Parking lot

 Jelly instead of. . .
Jello



Biscuits or Bikkies instead of. . .



Cookies!!



Nappies instead of. . .


(you can see that they say "MUM" instead of mom aswell!)

You guessed it, Diapers!

 Plaster instead of. . .
Band-Aid





More to come of the wonderful NZ lingo. I'm starting to get the hang of it a little better!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Mandy....good to know in case I ever live in New Zealand. No really, I like learning those kind of inside things about other people and their cultures. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best blog post ever. you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I know mom. I thought you were moving down here next month? haha jk. I just wanted to put it all up because I think it is soooo interesting and fun! Thanks for reading :)

    And thanks Mikaela!! It is so fun being here and seeing all the differences. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i posted a link to it on my blog, hope you dont mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're totally fine!!! That's awesome that you did haha :). I love it. And I love your blog. I really want to go for a run on that place that you guys did. Take me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh whoops I forgot to put lol and hahaha! Love you Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh got a hold of the computer. I should never have taught him how to leave a comment...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such an awesome post! And, cool to see the different things they say! You're a great blogger, Mandy! Miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete