Saturday, January 7, 2012

A NZ Sunday

Today was our first day going to church in New Zealand. It was fast and testimony meeting because of the holiday last Sunday. It is a little different from home in that everyone is an Islander so all of us white girls stand out a lot haha. The meeting was pretty similar, other than people's accents, and funny New Zealand words thrown in every now and again. One man talked about Mitt Romney the "Mormon" man running for President in his testimony. While another lady talked about serving "pipis" to friends, which are a type of shell fish. But other than that it was pretty similar :). 

It was crazy because there are a couple of missionaries serving here in the ward and one of them is my friend Ashley's little brother (she was in my El Ed classes back at home). So I got to talk to him and am going to tell her today that he is doing well! Crazy what a small world we live in. 
A rainy day yet again as we get ready to head to church!

Sweet little Dia. Oh how I LOVE this little girl. She is the cutest thing I
 have ever seen! You can also see Phil in the background in his Tongan
traditional clothing (called a lava-lava) coming home from Church!


My favorite thing was when we got home and Siah said, "Daddy can we have
some lollies now?" haha Lollies are candies. It was just so cute to hear his 
little accent say lollies!

3 comments:

  1. It's interesting to me how so many people across the world know about what goes on here in America (the guy talking about Mitt Romeny). How many of us know about candidates running for office in other countries? Or even that they're having elections? We found this to be true when we were in Ireland also--they all knew that we had an election coming up and knew all about what was going on. Also--I forgot to tell you to watch for Elder Williams--McCall Williams brother from our other Highland ward... Love the pictures, again, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun! :) It's weird that you've already gone to church and it's not even Sunday yet here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it is crazy Cyndy, I was thinking the same thing. I have no idea about it for other countries. And I will keep an eye out for an Elder Williams.

    Genri! I know it is so weird being a day ahead!! It kind of messes me up :)

    ReplyDelete