Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life as of Late

TOMORROW is my LAST day of classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell that I am OVERLY excited? haha. Sitting in lectures ALL day long everyday starts to drain you after a while, so tomorrow is a much needed day :). We are all going crazy we are so excited. Tonight we will be up late finishing the rest of our assignments that are due. Then after classes tomorrow we only have a few assignments left that we will do in our practicum when we are actually in the schools TEACHING! I am so excited :). 

Tomorrow is also very exciting because we get to go to a beach camp out at Coromandel beach (from Friday night to Sunday afternoon). It is about 3 1/2 hours away from here so we will be sleeping in tents near the beach with all 20 of us girls (and a few more people from our stake). This beach is one of the ones that The Chronicles of Narnia was filmed at, so we are all getting excited to see it! When we are there we will get to try out surfing, horseback riding on the beach, snorkeling, and even fishing. The only bad part about this little weekend trip is that we will be eating fresh fish for almost all of our meals. I just might lose a couple of pounds this weekend haha, oh well, it will be worth it :). 

Tomorrow will be so much fun, especially since we haven't actually been able to SWIM in the water on a beach yet. Even though we went to that beach the other day and it was sunny, it was still pretty windy and COLD wind. So we still haven't gotten in the water yet. They said this weekend should be really sunny and hot, so we are crossing our fingers that it will be a nice weekend!

Here's what I have been up to this week:
A Tongan delicacy, which includes lamb and other stuff. Phil loves it!
Me. . . not so much, but does that shock anyone? But I must say Phil
brought home some of the best tasting Banana bread I have ever had
last night. It was to die for. I was so excited to eat it this morning
for breakfast. . .oh Margo, we still love you don't worry :)!

G-chatting with six members of my family at once. It was hilarious.
Everyone was writing comments like crazy people! And no, I did not
ride on my horse naked Mel :). ("orange peel", Rick.)

Nisha truly loves me. Look what she gave me the other
day!!!!! I was almost in tears I was so excited, mostly
because I can now do my BANGS!

Science experiments. . .

can be pretty fun!

Yup. All of us are balancing on blown up balloons.
We were on the pictures above too!

haha!

So pretty each night



We walk past this fence everyday to and from school so I figured I would
take a picture to actually show you. This was the GREEN fence I told you
about in my earlier post. I love all the bright colors here.
So mom and Rick, have I convinced you yet with painting 
our fence this color during the summer???

My school and church building. Look my hair is
STRAIGHT! It was so nice to be able to actually
run my fingers through my hair after it being a
frizzy Afro curl mess for a month. 

Science experiments


We thought it looked cool

Of course. Me and my clumsy self....I was the last one to get this glass, for
a balancing science experiment we were doing, and look what happened.
I accidentally dropped it on the floor and it shattered. What made it even
better was that my professor was standing right next to me.
I felt so BAD! ugh!
The Skittles Game! I had to teach a lesson on pushes and pulls in my
group so I thought I would do this game. It was a hit!


Here's some pictures from my friend's camera:

You can do it Trojan (my horse) :)


I finished that book in my hands, The Hunger Games, the next day in class.
I literally read it all day long during school because I couldn't put it down.
Too bad I didn't bring the second or third one with me. I am dying!

Our group, plus the horseback riding staff on the left. 



This is the horse "Phillip" from the Narnia movie I was talking about.
He was one of the horses from the movie that my friend got to ride. 


Tomorrow we get to go HERE!!!
Coromandel Beach. I hope you are this pretty in real life!

4 comments:

  1. Have fun Mandy at Coromandel Beach! Looks Beautiful! Love you tons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beach looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see your pictures. We miss you! Keep enjoying yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always replying Nessa :). I will try....and I miss you guys too!! Tell MiTayla hi from me :)

      Delete