Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Big Blessing

I applied for a full scholarship for Spring semester, last month, and guess what. . . .

I got this e-mail today:

Dear Mandy,
Congratulations on your commitment, preparation, and citizenship.
Brigham Young University is pleased to award you the following:


Semester


Spring 2012

Scholarship
Spring Academic

Amount
$1140.00 (full)

Required Hours
6




What a huge blessing for me.

After I come home from NZ in a month, I only have Spring semester left of classes (from end of April-mid June) and then. . . .

I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH COLLEGE CLASSES!!!!

I've applied for an internship to teach elementary school for my final Fall and Winter semesters, coming up. I will find out on April 2nd if I got the internship or not. If I do get it then I get to be a real teacher, with my OWN class, and get half pay, while having it count as my final college credits. If I don't get the internship, I will get to student teach in a teacher's classroom, without pay, but will still get my final college credits completed.

Whatever happens either one will be great because I will get to teach, teach, and teach wonderful children.

I can't wait to see what the future has in store for me. And I am so blessed that I got this scholarship for my final classes at BYU. It is much much needed!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So Proud of you. Can't wait to hear which internship you get :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nessa :)!!! I will keep you posted once I find out!

      Delete