Saturday, March 10, 2012

Literally, One Crazy Day

I think the title of my post explains pretty much how all of Friday went for me. From start to finish it was literally, one crazy day.

I woke up late and rushed around to get everything ready, because we had to catch the train to make it on time to bungy jumping. Brittany and Brooke ended up being ready to go when Margo and I still needed a little bit more time, so we told them to go ahead and we'd run to catch up. About 10 mins later after they left, Margo and I started running and running to catch up with them. . .only we never saw them. We didn't understandy why we never caught up with them (or even saw them) and so we figured they must have gone to a different train station.

Margo and I ended up getting to the train station at 7:26am, and the train pulled up at 7:27am. We literally walked on the platform and walked on to the train. We lucked out! But we also were so worried about Brooke and Brittany because we still had never seen them. Once we got to the city in Auckland (where we were meeting everyone for bungy jumping) we finally found Brittany and Brooke. They ended up walking along a different road than us, which is why we never saw them. Because we were running and they were walking, we got there 10 mins before them and caught that train, and they caught the last possible train to get to Auckland on time. Both sets of us were worrying about each other and thinking that we were going to miss out on bungy jumping, but in the end we all made it! whew!

Bungy jumping was AMAZING! Holy cow it was crazy, and like times 100 of the Skycoaster at Lagoon and even the Nevis Swing that we did last month. It was off of the Auckland Harbor Bridge and was a 40 meter drop, which is 131 feet. It was INSANE. I felt like I was free falling forever and ever and ever! I really wanted to be dipped in the water, like a lot of the girls were, but they said I wasn't tall enough or heavy enough to do it. I was bummed, but it still was so much fun. The video shows my feet flailing and when I watch it I still don't know how I did it.

The main reason I did decide to do it though was because bungy jumping started in NZ and is the safest here than anywhere else, because it is AJ Hackett bungy jumping. AJ Hackett is like a crazy bungy jumper guy who has bungied all over the world. His bungy places are the safest to go with because he is big on safety of the ropes. For instance, once a bungy cord has been used a certain amount of times, AJ Hackett makes the company throw that cord away. So anyways, if I was ever going to bungy in my life, it was going to be here in NZ. . . and I DID IT!!
New blister from running to catch the train in the morning.
Whew! Made it with 1 minute to go!

Bungy Jumping....what am I thinking!?































To get to the bungy jump we had to walk along under the bridge. We were hooked into the side and had to wear these nice looking hats to protect us from falling rocks as the cars drove above.


I know I look like a dork here...but it was a cool view!


what are we doooiinnggg....!!!

That's our drop into the water!

Four brave roommates :)

I thought this was kind of funny! Yes people, Justin Bieber
has bungy jumped where I have!

After getting a little nudge from the guy, and once
her legs stopped shaking, Margo completed
bungy jumping off the bridge!

I'm up next!

What am I doing? haha

He would talk to each girl and ask where we were from to distract us
right before we jumped to our deaths haha!

I put these three pictures back up again because they are my favorite from
my jump!


The photographer told us to try and look for her yellow hat as we were
bouncing around so that she could get a picture of our face. I was the
only one that actually found her....hence the crazy face I made for her!!

That's what I just jumped off of!



















Best bungy in the world!!!



After bungy jumping we took a ferry across the city to Devonport. It was a beautiful, hot, day outside so we were able to walk around Devonport which included: going shopping, laying out on the beach/grass, and seeing Mount Victoria.

There's the Auckland Harbor Bridge. The little flags in the middle is
where we bungy jumped from. 

The city of Auckland and the Skytower!

This ship was out on the ocean. We were like...Look it's a Pirate Ship!!!
It made me think of Aiden. He would have DIED if he saw this pirate
ship in real life like we did. 


The view from Mount Victoria!

At the top of Mount Victoria there were these little toadstools like in
Mario games. It was funny! We had a lot of fun on them. Oh and there is
the volcano Rangitoto behind me.

Maybe a little TOO much fun!

It was such a warm and fun day. I think it was one of the
hottest days we have had in the 2 months being here!

Trying to balance all 6 of us on one toadstool at the same time.


Yummy hot cross buns! They have these around Easter time each year. They
are very good!

Cool huh? We saw this and were like....huh...let's get
a picture with it!
Riding the ferry back. I love NZ!

Margo in ferry jail. She couldn't find her ferry pass that she paid for
earlier, so she couldn't get out. It is so funny cus Margo ALWAYS
loses stuff! 

She left her jacket at Jame's house, keys and scriptures at the Joseph's
house, other jacket at bungy jumping, loses bus passes, forgets keys upstairs
 for Phil and Nish to return, and now she lost her ferry pass....
luckily she found it in the end.

Her and Andrew should definitely be friends....he forgets everything too!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These pictures are of my roommates bungy jumping. Margo was a little nervous to jump once she got on the edge. The guy had to get her to try several times and finally had to give her a little nudge at the end. She ended up going feet first...which you're not supposed to do. But she's still alive! Her pictures are SO HILARIOUS! We literally laughed for like 20 mins when we first saw them. Oh Margo. Man....her face makes my day in these pictures EVERY time I see them.


Oh man....so stinkin funny

It makes me laugh every time!

I think this one is awesome of Brooke.


Brittany got to be dunked....soooo cool!!

4 comments:

  1. youre not tall enough or heavy enough but brooke t and brittany b are? haha what the?....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was so mad....I didn't get it either. But they used two different lengths of cords...I was the last one on the first cord, which he said with my weight and height I am 4 kilo's shy of getting in the water. Idk?

      Delete
  2. Crazy girl. I am glad that you and your friends are alive :) Looks like so much fun. No rides at Lagoon are ever going to be enough for you now though... And as always, it is gorgeous there. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know we are pretty crazy!!! I am glad we are still alive too though. It was definitely worth it though, soooo much fun! I agree that nothing will ever compare to bungy jumping at Lagoon haha. Maybe we'll have to take a trip to 6 flags? And yes it is GORGEOUS here all the time, oh man! Thanks Nessa :)

      Delete