Saturday, March 17, 2012

A day meant for ME!!

After months of cold, rain, wind, clouds, and the WORST summer New Zealand has had in 30 YEARS. Friday was a day meant for me. . . 

There was. . .

SUN
NO CLOUDS
WARMTH
overall PERFECT WEATHER

So we. . .

went. to. the. beach.

allllll dayyyyyyy loonnngggggg!

We took a 2 hour bus ride into the city to go to
the beach. . .Mission Bay!
Mission Bay, with Ringitoto (volcano) in the background.


I couldn't believe I was actually going to get the PERFECT day I wanted
at the beach.

So naturally I danced on the beach for JOY! But we could never quite
get the timing right for the leap picture haha.



. . .so I had to do a side leap instead. (I don't think they are
as pretty looking)

Brooke floated like a log in the water haha.

While I did some arabesques. . .

. . .and leg tilts

. . .and then laid on my towel and listened to music in AMAZING
AMAZING weather. (LOOK AT THE SKY! It was perfect.)


On our way home we stopped at the Mission Bay fountain. It is tradition
to get into the water for a picture!


I have successfully figured out the bus and train system here in NZ.
It is a PAIN let me tell you. I don't know how in the world we have
ended up getting on and off at the right stops, but we have figured
it out now. . .(now that we are leaving so soon haha)!
Good old maxx.co.nz, how I love you!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you finally had the perfect day at the beach...so beautiful!!! Wow! Wishing I was there with you!!! Enjoy the sun...we have snow..lol. Love and miss you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom! I wish you were here too....you'd love it!! I will soak it in as much as I can, except it's been raining and cold every day since that day on the beach. I hope the snow isn't too cold for you. Love you! :)

      Delete