Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sheepy Show. . .baaaa

What do you do on a Monday in Rotorua??? Well let me tell you. . .You go to the world famous Sheep Show!

I got to do a lot of NEAT things at this Agrodome Sheep show. 

L.I.K.E. . . 




. . .posing on a fake sheep dog before the show starts
. . .petting a donkey and thinking of the movie Shrek



. . .posing with a lot of sheep


. . .kissing a sheepy

. . .watching the sheep get brought on stage only to stuff their faces full of
food and then sit down exhausted afterwards :)


. . .watching a sheep get sheared of its wool (I couldn't
believe how rough the sheep are handled to get the
wool off)



(no more wool for this sheep)

. . .watching chosen people from the crowd milk a cow

. . .watching more chosen people from the crowd feed little lambs

(I was never chosen :(...but I still got to see it!)

. . .watching a dog stay more focused than anything I have ever seen before
as he moved the ducks around the stage

. . .watching another dog listen EXACTLY to his trainer


. . .watching as the dogs would run on top of the sheep's backs

(it was pretty crazy)





(loved this dudes hair over his eyes)

(he never wanted to budge after eating)

. . .driving around seeing more farm animals

moo

. . .following the BUS LOADS of Chinese people everywhere we go touring

. . .feeding the sheep


. . .always remembering how I will picture New Zealand.
Just LIKE THIS.
BLUE, GREEN, HILLS, and SHEEP :) :) 

. . .feeding an alpaca

("oh lama why are you grumpy?" --for Janae)


. . .and feeding some more

. . .and feeding some more with beautiful NZ in the background

(beauty)

. . .seeing organic foods

. . .posing in a REALLY old truck. . .

. . .that even had this hand for right and left turning signals

. . .eating fresh honey (yumm)

. . .of course seeing NZ golden Kiwi fruit!



. . .seeing olive trees

. . .seeing piggggss

oink

. . .seeing ostriches



. . .and this big bad boy

. . .MY FAVORITE PART, holding little lambs :)

(I loved when they would say....baaaaa....it was so cute)




. . .holding the scratchy rabbit :)

. . .and of course, smiling at the ducks

Old MacDonald had a farm. E-I-E-I-O!

2 comments: