Saturday, March 17, 2012

Down to our "LASTS"

This weekend has been kind of a bitter sweet feeling. We are officially down to our "lasts" of life here in Auckland New Zealand. 

Yesterday we had our last Saturday here in Auckland so we ended it with a fun daddy daughter date. Phil took us girls into the city, at night, to get some yummy food. We saw a lot of people partying it up in GREEN (for St. Patrick's Day) on the streets and we also saw the Skytower all lit up in a green color. Phil wanted to try out this new Mexican restaurant to see if it was any good (because there is no REAL Mexican food here), and surprisingly it didn't taste too far off from American Mexican. Nish had more than 2 bites of the burrito, which was a good sign for Phil—they will be going back. On our drive back home Phil surprised us by stopping at Wendy's so that we could try it and compare. It was HEAVENLY. It was definitely the closest food I've had here that tastes like the states, and the vanilla frosty made me die!

Today was our last Sunday in our Lincoln ward here in Auckland. It was sad saying goodbye to our new friends and wonderful ward members. We loved our YSA class and teacher and couldn't have been blessed to be in a nicer ward. The members were always so welcoming and loving to us BYU girls and I was sad to leave the church once our meetings were over. My roommates and I went to the flea market again to buy souvenirs yesterday morning, so we bought matching flowers to wear in our hair on the last day at church. We are such dorks, but I love my roommates so much. What an amazing experience I have been able to have. I can't believe it is already coming to an end. 

This week is my LAST WEEK TEACHING my sweet NZ kids. I don't know how I am going to handle it actually. I just keep pushing it out of my head and am trying not to think about it. After we finish teaching on Thursday we are going to see the new movie, The Hunger Games, and then we will continue traveling and touring up higher in the North Island. We will tour for about 2 weeks, then come back to Auckland for a few days where we will get ready to leave this wonderful land of New Zealand (and then head to Australia for a vacation for a week). Traveling up north should be a lot of fun, full of more crazy adventures and experiences (and hostiles).....I just wish it wasn't ending so soon. 

I love New Zealand. 

Our daddy daughter date night with Phil. Man has Wendy's never tasted
so good! (oh and Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!)

Last Sunday in our Lincoln ward. 

Loved our YSA and YSA teacher!

Sad day....but loving our matching flowers!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From First Sunday. . . 


to Last. . .

I LOVE THESE GIRLS. (This is one of my favorite pictures ever!)

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to make one of these posts because I dont want to think about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel mikaela! I can't believe it's already getting so close to us leaving too...what in the world?!!! It has gone by SO fast!

      Delete