Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rotorua in a nutshell....(or I guess, hamster ball)

The past 5 days in Rotorua have been a BLAST!!

We have been able to do more crazy and fun things than I ever thought possible. We got home late tonight and will be using tomorrow for resting, washing, re-packing, and getting ready to head out for the Northland on Thursday. In the Northland we get to swim with dolphins :) :)!! I can't wait. The only sad part will be that once it is over....I will be leaving New Zealand shortly after. Sad thought. 

I will be catching up on all the details of my Hamilton and Rotorua trip tomorrow. But I wanted to do an overall recap so I could remember the fun weekend we had :). 


Here's Rotorua weekend in a "nutshell". . .


ZORBING! This is out of order from when we did it....but I had to start with it first because it was probably one of my MOST FAVORITE activities we have done here in New Zealand. It was honestly so much fun!! You pretty much roll down a hill in a giant hamster ball full of hot water. I haven't laughed so hard or had so much fun in a long time. 


Yup we are in that rolling down the hill!

Literally SO much fun
3 vs. 3. . .which ball will get down the hill first?


As if rolling down inside the ball wasn't enough...we got rolled on top of too.


Amazing!

Best donuts in the whole world.

Hamilton New Zealand Temple

Such a wonderful experience to do baptisms.

In Rotorua we stayed at the Brons's house, who are a friend of James. All
20 of us girls slept in the same room full of mattresses. 
Rotorua is the land of hot springs.....these were right outside our door.
Also known as the land of smelling like rotten eggs.

Snuggle Buddies

We literally slept like this every night. At least it helped
us to stay warm.
Dinner and a show. . . .weirdest night of my entire life. 
I definitely don't think anything will top the weirdness of that show. . .

Doing the Luge 

It's like an extreme version of the Alpine Slide in Park City! (so fun :))

Warming up in the natural hot springs hot tub at
the Brons's house.


Nice and steamy

Movie party every night with all the girls. :) One big sleepover!

Going to church altogether. Only ONE more Sunday left in NZ.

Seeing the sacred lake.

Going to the sheep show and petting donkeys.

Kissing sheep.

Watching dogs climb on top of sheep.



Feeding sheep.

. . .feeding

. . .more feeding

Seeing growing NZ kiwi's...land of the kiwis :).

FAVORITE PART. . .holding baby sheeppyyss :) sooooo cute.

 . . .and lastly, holding a rabbit.

We had a fun karaoke night for FHE.

We partied hard and even got Ramona to join in dancing and singing :).
AND my second favorite part about this trip was the....
GLOW WORM CAVES
We hiked through a cave in FREEZING cold water.
And rode on our tubes to see the glowing worms above our heads (you
can see them in the picture above this one! :))


Thank you and.....goodnight!


6 comments:

  1. Mandy...can't believe the things you have done there in NZ! All I can say is Wow! Life here will be pretty dull when you come home. Love that you have had so much fun...you deserve it! Take care and Skype me soon. Love you tons...xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe everything either mom. It has been the most jam packed adventure every day I have been here. What an amazing opportunity. Don't worry, I will still love being at home too. We will have to talk next week before I head off to Australia. Then homeeeeee yay. I love and miss you so much!

      Delete
  2. Mandy ... can you bring home one of those Zorbing orbs? You could Zorb down the hill in the backyard and you'd think you were still in New Zealand!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know who this is....but I will definitely bring home one of those zorbing orbs if I can fit it into my suitcase. haha that will be way fun in our backyard!

      Delete
  3. Love these pictures and cannot wait to hear and see more! Enjoy these last couple of weeks and then you will be home again! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks nessa!!! I will enjoy them as much as possible. I can't believe it's ending so soon. I've loved it here so much, and am also very excited to come home too!

      Delete