Sunday, February 12, 2012

Katniss, Lake Wanaka, and Pascal

One fine day we went to Patagonia ice cream at one of the Queenstown shops. It is one of the recommended ice cream places to go to and it was VERY yummy :). I feel like all I ever eat is ice cream here, but it is all so good and they have it EVERYWHERE in NZ. It was funny because we got Patagonia ice cream and then we were driving with our group to go to the archery range and stopped at a fruit stand. Guess what was at the fruit stand.....FRESH FRUIT ICE CREAM. My favorite. So naturally we had to try it too. That fruit ice cream was even richer than the one back in Auckland. It was very good. Don't worry, me and Brooke shared the fresh fruit ice cream because we had already eaten too much for the day lol. 

After ice cream and more ice cream, we went to the archery range. I kept feeling like Katniss from The Hunger Games books as I shot my arrows with my bow (I think I got a little too into those books haha). But shooting arrows is a lot harder than it looks. I could never understand why I kept shooting the arrows WAY too high. It wasn't until our time was almost up that I realized I was moving my bow upwards when I released the arrow. Once I figured this out, I shot a lot better and even got the arrow on the red, ALMOST to the middle black target. Don't worry, I'll get it someday.

After archery, we headed to Lake Wanaka where we relaxed in the sun while some of the girls kayaked. The lake was absolutely...of course....BEAUTIFUL. This site stuck out to me a lot because it looked like a scene right out of a movie or something. It was honestly amazing. I took a walk up and down the shore line just to take it all in. I even had the wonderful luck of having a seagull poop right on my head. Don't worry, I was able to wash it out in the lake water haha. 

After Lake Wanaka we headed back to Queenstown to get some dinner and head out to watch Pascal. Pascal was our little French spray paint artist. He would always be out in his spot (on the town) each night....painting. We went to watch him multiple times because it was so neat to see. Pascal would create these beautiful landscape pictures with only using spray paint. It was a lot of fun to watch and he started getting used to us girls because a lot of us would go and sit around him each night to just watch him! It was really cool to see how he could create these images from his head, only using spray paint. There were like 5 girls from our program who actually had him paint a picture for them, which they each bought for $45. I wanted to get one but I was afraid it would get ruined with all the traveling. It was funny because he always laughed when each girl wanted to get her picture taken with him, after he had created their picture. I'm sure he was thinking to himself, "oh American girls!"

Patagonia Ice Cream in Queenstown
Kirsten and me...yummm
Cute little door


Trying different flavors with Emily
I took this picture for my MOM. These were all the Patagonia chocolates.
I would have bought you some mom but I didn't think they would last
until April. Sorry!

Eating our ice cream with the birds outside

The fruit shop on our way to the archery range
I'm in trouble. Fresh fruit ice cream addiction!

Too yummy!

Good thing me and Brooke shared it....I mean that will make me not
gain as much weight right?

The archery range!

Brooke and Austyn getting ready to shoot

I totally think I am Katniss right now


Ok we need to work on our aim a little

But look I ALMOST got it on the black 50! :)

Archery pros
Here we are at Lake Wanaka

Absolutely. . .

. . .Beautiful

And this is where the seagull POOPED on my head!



Doesn't it look like it's out of a movie or painting or something?

My little lake walk

wahoo


This is my FAVORITE picture


Look out point on the drive back into town


I love New Zealand
Getting ready for Pascal to paint


Pascal is setting up, getting his music ready, and will be here shortly after
he finishes his fish n' chips!

Spray paint artist, Pascal


So cool!!!!

This is what he painted for one of the girls in our group. If I had gotten one
painted for me, this would have been the one that I wanted. I LOVE the
bright colors he used in it.

Night out on the town!

Isn't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment