Thursday, February 9, 2012

Visit to Arrowtown

Arrowtown is a little town in Queenstown (lol that's a lot of "towns"), which has a bunch of shops, treats, and a Lord of the Rings filming location. After we walked around in the shops for a bit, we walked down to the area where a part of The Lord of the Rings was filmed. It was the section of the movie where Arwen is holding Frodo and she shouts from the side of the river, "if you want him, come and claim him". Then she sends the big rush of water, or whatever, and escapes! It was cool to see the river, and we had a lot of fun reenacting that part in movie. One of the girls became Arwen on one side of the river, while three others (on the opposite side of the river) became the bad guys. Then the girl shouted that line, and we did the whole scene. It was funny....we are dorks!!

After Arrowtown we went back into Queenstown to have dinner all together at this Chinese restaurant. It was actually pretty good. Crazy I know! But I was starving, and there was some good chicken and rice that I got to eat. James taught us how to use chopsticks and wanted us to use them instead of forks, so we did! I ate a whole Chinese meal with chopsticks and was pretty proud of myself. I was also thinking about Rick during the whole meal because I know he can eat with chopsticks EASILY! After our meal together we headed back to our hostel and partied it up at the dance (in the bar) lol. I was in shock that I actually had to show my i.d. to this big bodyguard guy, to even get in. It was only fun for about 20 mins, and then me and Brooke left because it was loud and there were a lot of drunk people. It was crazy to me to feel how completely GONE the spirit was in that room. I am so glad to have the gospel in my life so I don't have to feel like that. 
Welcome to Arrowtown

Little ice cream shop

I still like fresh fruit ice cream more, but it was good!

The cute little shops all over

Get ready for The Lord of the Rings site

Isn't it pretty?

"If you want him. . .

come and claim him. . ."




Chinese food for dinner!
Look at the price for the Crayfish....$110.00. We just ate one FOR FREE
when we dove for it on the bottom of the ocean (during our camping
trip).


That's right, I can now use chopsticks to eat!!

We went to the grocery store with our roommates to get food for meals
for the rest of the week. I've never had so many peanut butter and jelly
sandwiches in my whole life. (But they are YUMMY! :))

Dance party


Ok that was fun. I'm good now, lets go!

2 comments:

  1. It seems like they have those little ice cream places everywhere! Like shave ice places in Hawaii. Peter would be in heaven! :) That's fun about the Lord of the Rings stuff! You guys are cute!! I think they should take the dance place off the itinerary for future visits. :) Doesn't seem like a good place for BYU girls to be. :) We are very fortunate to have the Spirit with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do have those ice cream places EVERYWHERE. Some are better than others though. And my favorite is the fresh fruit ones :). Peter would LOVE it! With the dance thing, I was surprised too that we would have stayed there with all of that. But Ramona said they have been doing it for years, it's like the best deal I guess!

      Delete