Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Last days before school

When we got back to the North Island we had 4 days until we had to start teaching in the primary schools. Here's what we did on our last FREE days before life began again :). . .

Looked at the beautiful sunsets again lol.

Went to Takapuna Beach! We figured out the bus system to this beach.
It is a little over an hour ride on the bus to get here, but it is a direct
bus route (bus 130) so it is the easiest beach to get to.

We tried to catch the bus the other day and as I stood up for it to stop,
it drove right past me. I didn't know that you really have to FLAG
down the bus if you want it to stop lol. So we had to wait for another
hour until the next 130 bus came. We were able to flag that bus down,
ride it to Takapuna beach, swim and layout for an hour, and then
get back home for dinner haha. I'm glad we have the bus
figured out now though so we can go when we have time!

Finally had a WARM, HOT, SUNNY, BEAUTIFUL, FULL day at the beach!

Actually got to swim in the ocean with Margo :)

wahoo

Got to layout with Brittany and had some warm sun! I actually got pretty
burnt on my chest and my eyelids. Weird huh? My eyes were all
puffy and red the next day because they got so burnt. They are better now
though so don't worry.






Got to do our online IP&T 444 class (specifically adapted for us four NZ
spring start girls). This class is part of the new program back in the
states, which we still have to get done while we are here in NZ. So our
professor has adapted all the work specifically for us, as it is a technology
class and we are limited on what we can do here in NZ. It was funny skyping
our professor and having our whole lecture through the computer with him.
We even started off with a prayer, us in NZ skyping our professor back in
Provo. It has been an interesting experience with all this spring start
mess. But we are still getting the credits we need done, somehow, so that's
all that matters!

I love how the site has our names on it and was specifically made for
us four problem girls. :)

We went to the Auckland Botanical Gardens on Sunday with our
host family and the Cutri's (my professor and her family). 


We had a fun little picnic dinner in the gardens. 

Our bug bites are starting to go down, but Brooke's seem
like they are getting worse. Look at all of those!
I hate these itchy things!



I love my roommates, host family, and New Zealand. 

2 comments:

  1. You are getting so tan!! Are those all shells in the forefront of that beach picture? Sorry about the bug bites! If Brooke's don't start getting better, she might need to see a doctor (or whatever they have over there), cuz the might be getting infected, or she might be allergic to them and might need some ointment or something. Sorry--just the nurse side of me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks cyndy! I'm working on it. Those are all shells on the beach picture. Cool huh!!! The bites are insane. I can't believe how many i have and how big they are! Brooke has already gotten some medicine for them because they are getting bigger...thanks for the concern :) love you

      Delete