Thursday, February 2, 2012

Put it on your Bucket List

WOWZERS! We got to do the Nevis Swing today. This is the highest swing in the world and was absolutely amazing. It was so much fun free falling for 70 meters! We all went tandem with a partner because it was cheaper, so I was with Brooke and we were screaming our heads off (in a fun and excited way). I can't load any of my pictures because there is no memory card jack, but here is a photo that one of my friends got and was able to get uploaded. That's me flyin away!

(Oh and we've also been able to get a little bit of Internet at the bungee jumping store because we were brave enough to pay for the swing haha. It's been nice, but we leave Queenstown tomorrow to head to Christschurch so I don't think we'll get lucky enough to get Internet there.)

Me and Brooke flyin away on the Nevis Swing (300m total arc, 70m fall)

6 comments:

  1. Wow Mandy...I am not sure I like that picture. You are so brave or crazy...lol. Be careful and try to keep your feet on the ground. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! It was probably more safe than the one at Lagoon so don't worry mom. It was a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  2. Not on my list, that's for sure!!! I have no idea how you actually did that!! You're a lot braver than I am! Glad you had fun and even more glad that you're alive to talk about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cyndy you have to try it sometime. It was so fun! More fun than scary, don't worry.

      Delete
  3. I get anxiety every time I look at that. Seriously. I can't believe you did that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it really wasn't that scary I promise you. It looks a lot worse than it was! It was soo much fun :)

      Delete