Thursday, February 9, 2012

Shotover Jet

In Queenstown we were able to do the fun Shotover Jet for one of our activities. It was a BLAST! Definitely a must-do if you ever go to New Zealand. Pretty much what the Shotover Jet entails is a jet boat ride that zooms through a canyon, doing spins along the way (like 360's). The water is pretty shallow but the prop is up high so it is able to go through the water. It was insane how close our driver would get to the canyon walls. I thought for sure he would hit our heads on it or skim the boat along the side rocks, but he never did. It was definitely a thrill and I kept my hands up for pretty much the whole thing!!!



It goes SO FAST!!! My eyes were watering through most of it.
I loved the spins
The beautiful canyon!
I love our group of girls (and our instructor and her husband Chris)
Let's go Brooke...wahoo!
See ya later
So pretty and so fast :)
I felt like he was going to hit my arms off on the canyon walls when he
zoomed right next to them

haha cheeser....it's funny that you can't even tell how FAST we are going
in this picture


You can tell we are close to the wall here cus I clenched my fingers
hoping they wouldn't hit the wall haha

2 comments:

  1. Again--crazy, crazy girl!! You can't tell how fast you're going--but you can see everyone's hair going crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i know you can't tell at all. I wish you could have been there to see how crazy these jets are! so fun :)

      Delete